Wednesday 13 April 2011

Mother's Day card





Forgot to add this card last week, so thought I'd show you it now - sorry the pics are a bit dull, my photography skills need a lot of improvement!!

I went for lots of embossing on this card and it was all made so easy with our new embossing folders and embosslit dies from the mini catalogue.  I have used the manhattan rose folder and embossed both sides of my base card, it just gives such a subtle embossed effect to then add my layers onto  - I have then used the new top note die cutter which was then embossed with the square lattice folder, the little dinky butterlies are cut and embossed with the Beautiful Wings embosslit die -this die is fast becoming a best seller- it cuts and embosses no less than 5 differnt sizes and patterns of butterfly in the one go, there is one butterfly smaller and two larger butterflies than the ones I have used  on my card on the same embosslit - great value!

My big flower was created by cutting a few flowers with the fun flowers sizzix die that we now sell and I just felt that I wanted to add more detail, so the flowers were also embossed with the manhattan flower embossing folder, I then rubbed my ink pad over them to pick up colour on the embossed detail.I added a little button from our brights collection of buttons and the setiment was from our occasional greetings set and cut with the decoartive label punch, and a little bow of taffeta ribbon to finish.

Hope you like all my embossing - Mum certainly did!

2 comments:

  1. bet your Mum was pleased with this, it's lovely, but just LOVE your flower
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done with the flower die Evelyn. lovely card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a much appreciated comment x