Friday 8 April 2011

Heart of hearts




A perk of being a Stampin' Up! demo is that we get to take part in regional training events, these events give us the chance to meet up with lots of other demos to swop and share ideas with........and sometimes the organisers arrange little lucky surprises for us - yay! At the last training day we were all instructed to pick a numbered butterfly, well what happened next ......well throughout the day they decided to offer little prizes to randomly picked numbers....guess what....... I was one of the lucky ones, and was gifted the new Scalloped Heart of Hearts embosslit die!! woohoo, I'm not normally lucky and was over the moon to have my number picked, and my gift was one of the items that I hadn't yet ordered from the mini catalogue. 

 The embosslit dies not only emboss but they cut out the shape too - the heart has a lovely scalloped edge and really defined dotty embossing - I chose one of my favourite colours melon mambo and made a really quick card - made my base card from melon mambo too and the fabby new top note die was used to cut a very vanilla mat to add my hearts onto - added some detail wuith some linen thread - quite a simple card - but effective!

1 comment:

  1. Whoohoo, well done for picking a winner Evelyn! Love your card ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a much appreciated comment x